BCCI to assist CSA in running new T20 league

Cricket South Africa will receive help from some of BCCI's senior managers to run its new T20 cricket league, CSA executive director Thabang Moroe has announced.

"I am pleased to announce that the Cricket Control Board in India (BCCI) has accepted our invitation for some of its senior managers, who have extensive experience in the administration of the Indian Premier League (IPL), are available to help our tournament run smoothly, "said Moroe. "His experience will be invaluable and will help ensure that the League has an international position."

CSA also disclosed details about the composition of the team and the format of the competition, as well as the bidding process, which will decide the six locations. The squads of each franchise will have 16 players, with a minimum of three and a maximum of four players abroad. Any South African hired by Kolpak will be considered a foreign player for the event. The bidding process will be decided by an offer "open to all CSA members accredited by the ICC that will include an independent analysis by an appropriate consulting firm", and no headquarters will house more than one team.

The CSA board unanimously approved the six-team format, which seems to put them on a collision course with the previous franchise owners of the original eight-team event. Some former owners are considering or taking legal action against CSA, who have also recently changed Mota Attorneys to Edward Nathan Sonnenbergs, the largest law firm in Africa.

The announcements came when CSA went a step further, a day after announcing the public broadcaster SABC as its exclusive transmitter for the event, towards the realization of the T20 league originally launched at the beginning of last year when opening applications for South African and foreign players interested in participating in the SA T20 League.

Deadline for players to register on October 2, and the player's draw will take place on October 17. The inaugural edition of the league will take place during the last quarter of 2018, with the tournament starting on November 9 and culminating in the final on December 16. [19659002] Moroe suggested that CSA hopes to retain the marquee players, such as Kieron Pollard, Chris Gayle, Kevin Pietersen, Dwayne Bravo and Eoin Morg. an – who were part of the original draft for the first postponed edition of the league last year.

"Now is the right time to register players who wish to participate in our League," said Moroe. "We will seek to secure the services of the foreign and South African marquees that were recruited for the previous league in two-year contracts and, subject to our international commitments, it is expected that all players hired by Proteas participate in most of the League.

"The lack of availability of the Proteas players only affects the early days of the league when the Proteas will participate in their limited tour to Australia that ends with the T20 game on November 17." [19659010]

source:- espncricinfo.com

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*