Second India-West Indies ODI moved to Visakhapatnam, Ganguly says

A dispute over the allocation of courtesy tickets has caused Indore to lose the seat of the second ODI between India and the West Indies. Visakhapatnam will now host the game, which is scheduled for October 24.

The matter began to boil after the dispute between courtesy tickets, between the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) and the BCCI, came to light last week. According to the new constitution of the BCCI, which has been approved by the Supreme Court, only 10% of the tickets for each category can be distributed as complementary. The MPCA argued that BCCI's request for additional seats in the flag block for sponsors and official partners exceeded the 10% fee.

A convincing response could not be obtained in time from the BCCI, whose "decision" it described as "unilateral". arbitrary, mysterious and leisurely, "the MPCA refused to sign the mandatory venue agreement and also told the board that it was not in a position to host the game.

ESPNcricinfo understands that the former secretary of BCCI and MPCA, Sanjay Jagdale tried to play the role of mediator for the week, asking Milind Kanmadikar, the MPCA secretary, to meet with BCCI CEO Rahul Johri to solve the problem, but Kanmadikar remained unconvinced and chose to wait for the decision. final of the BCCI.

According to an official of the MPCA, the BCCI, in its last communication to the state association on September 29, declared that the place had to comply with the 10% duty for each category, while doing that the remaining 90% of the tickets are available to the public.

Although the MPCA has blamed the BCCI for requesting more tickets than the 10% limit, the state agency does not want any limit on the distribution of courtesy tickets, as it must meet the demands of its own sponsors, members and government officials.

Although the change of party outside Indore may have temporarily resolved the dispute, the problems of the BCCI are far from over. The MPCA is not the only association that laments the allocation of courtesy tickets. Even the Bengal Cricket Association (CAB), headed by the former captain of India, Sourav Ganguly, has stated that the 10% limit on courtesy tickets is arbitrary. The CAB owns Eden Gardens, which is scheduled to host the first T20I of the West Indies series on November 4.

Ganguly cautioned that the CAB would not "compromise" the distribution of courtesy tickets, even if the BCCI wished to change the party away from Eden Gardens. "We'll have to give the complementary tickets we've been giving, we can not commit to that," Ganguly told the Indian Express .

Ganguly said the grouse MPCA was "legitimate" and noted that the CAB distributes nearly 30,000 tickets, which is almost half the capacity of Eden Gardens, as courtesy tickets to several government agencies involved in organizing a international match "I can not go and ask the government agencies, the bureaucrats, the people who make the party happen, pick up tickets and pay," he said.

Asked if the CAB would be willing to leave the game if a solution could not be found, Ganguly said he was keeping an open mind. "I do not know what they will do (the BCCI), if they want [to take the game away] they can, but we will not compromise."

It is understood that the CAB has not sent any communication to the BCCI, but a board official pointed out that state associations should understand that it is not the board but the preparation units that obtain the door receipts.

The BCCI is not surprised by Ganguly's comments, but has said that state associations should have raised it. the issue of courtesy ticket allocation in front of the court, when the matter was being heard, if they were so concerned about it. The BCCI, which is currently being overseen by the two-member Committee of Administrators (CoA), has sent a communication to all state associations recently, noting that meeting places would need to make public the distribution of tickets, including the complementary fee. , on their websites.

source:- espncricinfo.com

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*